Wanted: Amazing Activity Leaders!
We are always looking for amazing activity leaders to help our students reach their goals
We are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to join our team as Activity Leaders for our exciting Amazing English Camps in Italy. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a fun and dynamic environment while exploring the beautiful Italian culture.
- Manage and guide activities for groups of young learners (aged 6 to 11 years old).
- Create a fun and stimulating environment that promotes learning, creativity, and enjoyment for all participants.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the participants throughout the camp.
- Work collaboratively with native speaker teachers, local counsellors, and the camp manager to create an engaging and educational experience for our learners.
- Monitor participants during breaks and lunchtimes.
- Help set up and clear away resources at the beginning and end of each day.
- Previous experience working with children in a similar capacity.
- Enthusiasm for organizing and leading a variety of activities, including sports, arts and crafts, games, and outdoor adventures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate effectively.
- Native-level English proficiency.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the needs of the camp and participants.
- Accommodation will be provided with a welcoming local host family.
- Opportunity to immerse yourself in the vibrant Italian culture and language.
- Gain valuable experience working in an international camp environment.
- Competitive compensation package. (See below)
The camp runs for two weeks from Monday to Friday
the daily timetable is 8 am to 5pm with some breaks and lunch break thrown in.
As you can see from the timetable, successful candidates will manage 7 x 55-minute activity sessions each day.
We operate a rotation schedule, so activity leaders and teachers swap between groups over the course of each day
The participants in our camps range in age from 6 to 11 years old.
They will be sorted into groups or around 10 learners according to their age and level of English.
We typically run our projects in Northern Italy.
Specifically in the Veneto and Emilia Romagna regions.
We are currently staffing projects scheduled in the following periods
- 12th – 23rd June 2023
- 19th – 30th June 2023
We contract activity leaders as temporary workers and we pay €700 for their services per week. plus €300 (flat payment) for travel expenses.
So if you work one week, you would be paid €1000
and if you work two weeks, you would be paid €1700
please note: these payments are GROSS. As an external contractor, you are responsible for declaring your income and paying taxes wherever you are fiscally resident.
If you are not fiscally resident in Italy, you will need to provide a certificate of fiscal residency stating where you pay taxes, lest you incur a withholding tax.
Assuming you do pay taxes somewhere this certificate should be straightforward to obtain, and we can give guidance on the process.
Permission to work in Italy for non-EU citizens
Given the temporary nature of the contract, work visas are not necessary for some non-EU citizens (Britons, Americans, Canadians, Australians, New-Zealanders). Instead, teachers from these countries can travel to Italy as tourists and work up to 30 days as self-employed, autonomous, temporary workers.
If you’d like to apply, fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch.